Resolutions are overrated. It seems to me that most people who set out to make a resolution end up failing. I've never been one to set a resolution, although I've always had goals I was working towards. With the start of the new year, I thought I would compile a handful of my goals into a blog post to share with you. I encourage you to comment some of your goals below. We can keep each other accountable for working towards and obtaining our goals!
- Read more... A lot more. | In college, I pushed books off to the side because I was so busy burying myself into my textbooks. I want to get back to reading books I find interesting, news articles, and blogs. As for blogs, I hope to branch out of the more common sites that many of my PR peers gravitate towards.
- Make time to exercise daily, even if it's the last thing I want to do. | Number one goal here is to start going to Yoga every week. I absolutely love doing it and I feel a million times better after a class. My new-found love is Hot Yoga.
- Plan an event for all of my PR Twitter friends | There are many people on Twitter that I interact with regularly. Some I have met and others I have not. I would love to plan a networking event where all of us can get together to reunite and/or meet. I know my PRSSA pals miss each other.
- Grow both Twist on PR and Parties + Press Releases | I'm talking constant posting at least twice a week, Interviews with well-known professionals, new site layouts, and much more. I'd like to be more open with my readers through Twist on PR, as well. You all seem to enjoy when I open up. :)
-Travel | I want to do a lot of traveling while I can. One particular trip I'd like to take is to California to not only visit friends and family, but to explore the city (LA) and all of its opportunities.
- Get more involved with Music PR | I want to dive right into the music industry. From doing PR for an artist, planning a concert, booking artists at a venue, or becoming a tour manager, I'm 100% down. It's the perfect time.
-Have Twist on PR host or co-host an event in Cincinnati | I've always dreamt of hosting my own event for people in my area to attend whether it be a networking or entertainment based.
Now, it's your turn!
Disclaimer: RP's goals are not limited to the list above. ;)