To be quite honest, I don't know much about the lottery. I'm aware that people buy chances, that people win a huge amount of money, taxes take a lot of it away, and that the prize money changes. So, I decided to do a smidge of research. And by smidge I mean that I just needed to know how much money I'd be dealing with.
The Ohio Lottery website shares that the Mega Millions Jack Pot is at an estimated 120 Million. That's a nice chunk of change! A chunk that I quite honestly wouldn't know how to handle. But, if I were to win the lottery, these are some of the routes I'd go and then obviously have to narrow down.
1. Pay off my debt. Lets be smart about this right off the bat, eh? If in possession of such funds, WHY wouldn't I erase that burden. While I'm not drowning in debt, it would be nice to pay everything off and start fresh.
2. Take a trip to California. Now that I have quite a few friends out there and I'm out of school, I've been itching to get back. I'd love to visit with friends, meet up with connections I've made, enjoy the environment, and do a little career/job scoping.
3. Go to a huge music festival and bring at least one friend. Now that I've been to TomorrowWorld, I'm addicted. I already have a concert addiction and this just fueld the flame. Tomorrowland in Belgium? EDC? Bonnaroo? ULTRA? Hey, maybe I'll just kill two birds with one stone and go to Coachella while I'm in Cali!
4. Donate money to an anti-slavery organization and/or use the money to go on a mission trip. For years now, I've been involved in the anti-trafficking/slavery movement. I'd love to make a much larger impact. Yes, donating is helpful and I'd be more than willing to do that with this money but what I would love more is to be hands on. I've always wanted to go on a mission trip and help those who have been affected or to help prevent others from being effected.
5. Start investing in one of my Coffee Shop ideas. I've got big dreams people! I have two coffee shop ideas that I'd love to bring to fruition. Unfortunately, I don't know too much about running a business. This extra money would give me the perfect opportunity to get things rolling and bring people onto the team.
So, what would you do if you won the lottery?
I've joined Taylor and Helene in the #Blogtober14 challange. Ever day this month, we'll post a blog. They've created a topic for each day. If you're interested in joining, check it out here.